Sensitive FernRegular price $15.99
Sensitive fern is a large, deciduous fern that grows naturally in wet woods and swampy areas. If you touch this plant, the tender leaflets close, hence the the name. It has long stalks and leathery, coarse leaflets. This fern is happiest when planted in moist soil, along streams and springs. It looks great in naturalized or rain gardens. Plant it in partial to full shade where it can get constant moisture. Sensitive fern will die out at the first frost.
Sold as 1 bare root. Learn more about bare roots.
Botanical name: Onoclea Sensibilis
Features: Suitable for containers, Native to Ontario, Easy to grow
*This item ships in April through May, according to the ideal planting time for your hardiness zone.
Light: Full shade, Part shade
Soil type: Clay, Loam, Sand
Hardiness zones: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Planting time: Early spring
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!