Tulips Prinses Irene - 10 packRegular price $20.00
These bright, bold, and breathtaking tulips are likely to be the most spectacular on the block. This Triumph variety has been around for over 70 years but has yet to be beaten when it comes to drama. With its tangerine petals and maroon flame-like markings blazing up the center, it's easy to see why their reign has lasted so long. And not to be outdone this variety also graces the garden with a pleasant scent.
This prize-winning Triumph Tulip isn't just stunning--it's blooms are massive. And not only are their petals impressively hued, but their stems also look dressed for the ball. These tall, strong stems turn from green to a tinted purple or red as they reach toward the base of the bloom.
Unlike other Triumph Tulips, these grow to about a foot in height, making them ideal for spring interest as a front planting. For the biggest impact, plant these vibrant tulips as your front border in your garden bed or along a path.
Each order includes 10 bulbs.
Hardiness Zones: 3-8
Mature Height: 12-14 inches
Bloom Time: Early Spring
Light Requirements: Full Sun
Notes: Cut Flower
Planting Instructions: Plant bulbs 6" deep and 3 - 6" apart
Soil Moisture: Well drained
Will Tolerate: Acidic Soil, Clay Soil, Loamy Soil, Sandy Soil
Pruning Instructions: Only dead heading. It is important to let the foliage mature and die down
naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed.
Winter Care: Mulch +/- 2"
Watering Requirements: Average water needs. Water regularly, do not overwater
Fertilization Requirements: Once per year in spring
Special Care: Not needed
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!