Lady FernRegular price $16.99
The bright green, lacy fronds of Lady Fern look wonderful in the shade of mature trees or between established shrubs. They are vigorous and fast-growing, maintenance and pest-free. They love the full shade and fertile, rich, moist, well-draining soil. Lady Fern is clump-forming and can create large colonies if it has good conditions. It tolerates full sun if the soil is consistently moist.
Sold as 1 bare root. Learn more about bare roots.
Botanical name: Athyrium filix-femina
Features: Suitable for containers, Native to Ontario, Easy to grow
*This item ships in April through May, according to the ideal planting time for your hardiness zone.
Light: Full shade, Part shade
Soil type: Clay, Loam, Sand
Hardiness zones: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Planting time: Early spring
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!