Fern-leaf Bleeding Heart 'Aurora'Regular price $18.99
No shady garden should be without beautiful Fern-leaf Bleeding Heart 'Aurora'. This stunning perennial blooms from late spring to late summer, offering hundreds of drooping, heart-shaped white flowers. Flowers are surrounded by masses of green lacy foliage. Fern-leaf Bleeding Heart 'Aurora' is easy to grow in partial shade and loves rich, well-draining moist soil. Butterflies love it and rabbits and deer leave it alone. Add a layer of compost each spring before the new blooms open and mulch your Fern-leaf Bleeding Heart 'Aurora' to keep the soil moist.
Sold as 1 bare root. Learn more about bare roots.
Botanical name: Dicentra formosa
Features: Suitable for containers, Easy to grow
*This item ships in April through May, according to the ideal planting time for your hardiness zone.
Light: Part shade, Part sun, Full sun
Soil type: Chalk, Clay, Loam
Hardiness zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Planting time: Early spring
Bloom time: Late spring, Early summer, Mid summer, Late summer
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!