SpiderwortRegular price $15.99
Lovely little blue or purple three-petaled flowers of spiderwort will put a smile on your face when they open in the early morning in summer. They last one day only but will keep coming for almost six weeks. The flowers are surrounded by grassy arching green leaves that grow tall above the blooms. Spiderworts are native to North America, where they grow wild. They are extremely easy to care for as long as you plant them in rich, moist, well-draining slightly acidic soil. Grow them in partial shade, but they will thrive in a sunny location if the soil is consistently moist.
Sold as 1 bare root. Learn more about bare roots.
Botanical name: Tradescantia
Features: Suitable for containers, Native to Ontario, Easy to grow
*This item ships in April through May, according to the ideal planting time for your hardiness zone.
Light: Full shade, Part shade, Part sun
Soil type: Chalk, Clay, Loam
Hardiness zones: 4, 5, 6, 7
Planting time: Early spring
Bloom time: Early summer, Mid summer
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!