Northern Maiden Hair FernRegular price $16.99
Northern Maiden Hair Fern will easily become the star of your forest garden with its delicate, elegant 20-long fronds that grow in a full circle. Dark green, Northern Maiden Hair Fern loves cool, moist corners of the garden and full or partial shade. Give it northern exposure and moist, humus-rich, well-draining soil. Northern Maiden Hair Fern will delight you in early spring with its red fiddleheads. That is the time when it is easy to propagate it by dividing its roots. Northern Maiden Hair Fern is toxic to cats, but not to dogs.
Sold as 1 bare root. Learn more about bare roots.
Botanical name: Adianthum
Features: Suitable for containers, Native to Ontario, Easy to grow
*This item ships in April through May, according to the ideal planting time for your hardiness zone.
Light: Full shade
Soil type: Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand
Hardiness zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Planting time: Early spring
- Currently shipping across Canada
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $60 in ON and QC
- Under $60 = $15 in ON, $17 in QC
- Flat rate shipping $35 to: BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS, PEI, NB, NFL
- Bare roots, spring bulbs, and dahlia tubers ship April through May (dependant on last frost date of your hardiness zone)
- All orders will have a tracking number, so you'll know exactly when your plants will arrive
- Our shipping materials are 100% recyclable or compostable
- Shipping is not charged for gift cards
Find your hardiness zone by locating your city/region on the map and finding the corresponding zone in the legend.
[Click image to enlarge]
Learn more about hardiness zones and why they're important by checking out our 'Canada's hardiness zones explained' blog post!